Friday 3 December 2010

Screen Grab

Here is the progress of my magazine advert so far, from the original image to the half finished edit.



As the new computer system installed on the college computers doesn't allow fonts to be installed into Photoshop, I came up with a solution to the problem. I didn't think any of the pre installed fonts stood out enough, and if they did, they did not suit my edits on the picture. So I took a photo of some scrabble letters and cut each letter out using the marquee tool, and then pasted them into a new layer above the background edit. This meant I could choose my own base line, and haphazard layout for the text, as well as give an over all 'hand made' and 'vintage' feel to the piece. Although not very time effective, and painstaking, I think the overall effect is positive and next lesson am going to see if I can find a font that will fit visually with this main focal point.

No comments:

Post a Comment